Debt has the potential to create lasting issues. Many consumers find themselves in a never-
ending spiral of borrowing more money and landing in yet more debt.
Overindebtedness means that a person’s living expenses are higher than the monthly salary he
receives. Not spending wisely is a cause. However, there are other factors that play a role.
Inflation continues to rise. Unfortunately, a person’s salary cannot keep up with the rising costs
Tips to help beat debt
- Budgeting – this is often mentioned. However, creating a budget can help you keep
track of the amount of money coming in and the amount that will go out. When you
aware of how your income is being used, you’ll have a better idea of how to cut down
- Settling debt – pay more than the minimum payment on your debt. When you pay in
more than the minimum amount, you’ll be reducing the principle amount quicker.
- Change your lifestyle – the more spending you can avoid on purchases that are wants
and not needs, the more money you will have towards repaying your debt.
Furthermore, you’ll be able to add more to the savings plan you have in place.
- Sell what you don’ t need or want – many households are full of gadgets, appliances and
other items that are no longer used. Instead of these items gathering dust, sell them and
make a little extra cash.
- Add to your income – there are many opportunities to get paid for work you love. There
is also no reason why you shouldn’t have a side hustle to add to your income. Walking
the neighborhood dogs, working part time at an internet café, or writing blog articles for
a magazine are all excellent ways that you can increase your income.
- Make use of advertised specials and promotions – many supermarkets offer special
promotions where you can buy 2 for 1, This can help you save in the long run.
- Join a lift club – travelling to work and back each day costs a substantial amount of
money. Joining a lift club can lessen your fuel bills by half. It is worth considering.
There are many ways that you can reduce your monthly expenses and help you to avoid the
For more details on overcoming debt, speak to One Debt today.